Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the respective meanings assigned to such terms in the Terms and Conditions.
Information We Obtain in Conducting Our Business
In the normal course of our business, we may store and process Personal Information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. In particular, we may collect the following information from you:
- Registration, Enrollment, and Account Information: When you create a Verifly Account and access our Services or update the details of your Verifly Account, you are voluntarily giving us Personal Information. Personal Information may include your name, address, Social Security Number, account number with Verifly, financial information and any other information provided on an insurance application. We only collect information that is necessary in order for you to use our Services.
- Access or Use the Services: When you access the Services to obtain insurance, any Personal Information that you provide to search for insurance, accept an insurance policy, or pay for an insurance policy that may be available is provided to us voluntarily.
- Communicate with Verifly: You may voluntarily make Personal Information available to us when accessing or using our Services or contacting our customer services representatives.
- Claims Information: You may voluntarily give us your Personal Information when you report, change or update a claim.
- Information to Respond to Your Requests: You may voluntarily give us your Personal Information so we can respond to your requests for information, manage the application process, and send you communications.
- Social Network Services Information: When you sign in, or engage, with our Services through Social Network Services, you are agreeing to give us on-going access to your Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party Account, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party Account and authorized by you. This may include, your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, religious and political views, website, personal description, and likes, and your friend’s birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions, and likes. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Third-Party Accounts that are linked from our Services.
- Video Information: We may collect analytical information about any videos you view and submit on the Platform. You consent to our collection of video viewing information on the Platform and sharing this information with our affiliates and vendors.
- Survey Information: From time to time, we may ask you to complete surveys relating to your experiences with the Services. In connection with same, we may obtain your demographic information (e.g., city, state, account ID, date of birth) and other Personal Information.
- Information from Other Sources or Combined by Us: We may combine information from outside sources to customize your experience using the Services.
- Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you use our Platform through a mobile device (e.g., your unique device identifier, location, geospatial or GPS/geolocation).
- Log Data Information: We may also receive, store and process “log data”, which is information that is automatically recorded whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Verifly or logged into your Verifly account, such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Unmanned Aircraft System Log Files: We may receive, store and process log files from your unmanned aircraft system.
- Technical Usage Information: We use tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage.
- Telephone Communication: When you call our customer service team, we may collect your name, account ID and other information to assist you in addition to any Personal Information that you may provide in the process of obtaining or learning about insurance coverages.
We may also obtain other Personal Information about you if necessary from consumer reporting agencies, other insurers and unaffiliated third parties, public records and other sources. Information collected about you may include information related to your marital status, employment history, income, assets, credit score, credit history, open lines of credit, the size of your household, health, or transactions with us or others.
We use your Personal Information to provide superior products and services to you, to make sure that what we know about you is correct and complete, to report claims, to prevent fraud and other crimes, to conduct analyses for our business, for other normal business administration and related services, and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Verifly may access, preserve and disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary: (a) to respond to claims asserted against Verifly; (b) to comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Verifly, its users or members of the public.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Verifly, our customers or otherwise through the Services.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser or mobile application).
Confidentiality and Security
We treat what we know about you confidentially and protect your personal information using security measures, including encryption of Personal Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable state and federal law. We restrict access to your information to those persons who have a business need for such information.
If your information is accessed by unauthorized entities, we will seek to notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
Uses and Retention
We use information collected from you to: (i) arrange insurance and other services for you; (ii) contact you; and (iii) improve our products and services.
We may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan or analyze your communications with our Services for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes.
Your information is retained for as long as we need it for our business and to provide you with insurance distribution and other services as well as in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. When it is no longer necessary for us to retain your information, we will discard the information in accordance with the applicable law.
Requesting and Updating Your Information
If you wish to review your account information, you may do so by requesting a review of the information by Verifly.
If you wish, or need, to update your account information, you may do so through the Platform or otherwise contacting Verifly.
Information We Disclose
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information to other countries. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the United States.
We may share Personal Information within Verifly in order to service and process your transaction with us, to offer you other products that may be of value to you, and for other reasons we have noted above. We may also routinely disclose non-public personal information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, such as insurers, claims administrators, investigators and others with whom we have service agreements, to complete, service or maintain a transaction or product requested by you, and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
We may disclose the Personal Information to companies that perform services on our behalf and to the insurers with whom we work. We ask all service providers and insurers not to disclose your Personal Information other than to perform the specific services which we have requested.
We may also release Personal Information to third parties pursuant to your specific written consent.
Right to Opt Out
Providing us with access to your Personal Information allows us to offer you better service and tailored products. You may not limit sharing of information of your transactions and experiences within Verifly, but you may limit Verifly from doing the following, to the extent required by applicable law and regulations:
- Passing personal information to third parties for the purposes of marketing; and
- Sharing information about your income, account history and/or creditworthiness within Verifly’s group companies (save for where that information is derived solely from transactions with Verifly).
If you choose to opt out, that choice should be communicated to us in writing. You may opt out by writing to us (stating your full name, account number, email and mailing address) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Verifly Insurance Services, Inc. 174 West 4th Street, Suite 204, New York, NY 10014. Your opt-out becomes effective as soon as reasonably practicable after receipt by us.
You have the right, even if you have agreed to receive notice by email, to get a paper copy of this notice.
The Services are not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect or post information in respect of persons under the age of 18.
If you believe your privacy rights may have been violated by Verifly, you may complain to us by contacting Verifly as specified in the Terms and Conditions. If you are located within the United States and dissatisfied with our response you may also file a complaint with the Federal Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, Hubert H. Humphrey Building, 200 Independence Avenue, Washington, DC 20201. Federal law prohibits there being retaliation against you for filing such a complaint.
Residents of California: Verifly may collect Personal Information from sources other than the individual applying for insurance coverage through the Services. Such Personal Information may, in certain cases, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of Personal Information, please contact Verifly. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any Personal Information in Verifly’s files by writing to us to request this access.
Residents of California and Vermont: Verifly will not share Personal Information it collects about you with affiliates or third parties, except as required or permitted by your state’s law.